Rules & Conditions
The Delaware Bear Contest
will be held at the Crimson Moon Tavern in Wilmington DE
on Friday & Saturday, February 28th and 29th, 2020.
The contest is open to any member of the LGBTQ+ community over 21 years of age.
All contestants will be required to complete the following tasks in order to be eligible to compete in the contest:
Complete the online contest application
and submit the $40, non-refundable fee.
Have (4) outfits ready for the nights of the contest.
- Theme Wear - This year's theme is CAMP
- Under Bear - What's under them garments? Be Creative!
- Bar Wear - Whatever you would wear to the bar to impress your suitors
- Formal Wear - Show off your best formals to impress!
Participants MUST check-in by 7:00pm on Friday February 28, 2020
There will be a brief mandatory Orientation Meeting on Friday evening to discuss more information for all contestants.
Contestants are required to prepare a basket for the charity raffle valued between $50 and $100.
Contestants are required to sell raffle tickets to raise money for the winner's chosen charity throughout the event on Friday night.
Highest ticket sales will be used to determine the winners in the event of a tie.
Participants MUST check-in at 1:00pm on Saturday February 29, 2020
Contestants will gather for a meet and greet and be interviewed by the judges.
The Oral Portion
Contestants will be asked one question, picked randomly. The questions will be provided by judges prior to the competition.
Contestants will be required to deliver a 2-minute speech. The speech should tell what cause or platform you will support/promote during your title year if you should win. What charity do you love? What cause means the most to you? Tell us... in 2 minutes or less!
We ask all winners of the 2020 Delaware Bear Contest to represent the Delaware Bear Contest and the Bear Community in a positive manner for one (1) full year. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Future Delaware Bear Contest events
- State & local Pride events
- LGBTQ+ activities (bear/non-bear) in the winners' home areas
- The 2021 Delaware Bear Contest
Finally, the winner must also use their title to host at least one charity fundraiser to help give back to the community.
The deadline to enter in the Delaware Bear Contest was February 15th, 2020.
No changes will be made to applications after the deadline. No applications will be accepted after February 15th, 2020.
The Delaware Bear Contest scoring method and contestant finalist process is very straight-forward.
We will have five (5) judges on-site to observe all contestants' interactions with the crowd throughout the weekend, and note how well each contestant presents themselves in raffle ticket sales, on-stage presence, interviews, etc.
|Bar Wear Category||(15% of Overall Score)|
|Under Bear Category||(15% of Overall Score)|
|Judges Interviews||(20% of Overall Score)|
|Theme Wear Category||(20% of Overall Score)|
|On-Stage Question||(10% of Overall Score)|
|Formal Wear Category||(20% of Overall Score)|
In the event of a tie, we will use the contestants' raffle ticket sales tallies to determine a winner.
The contestant with the highest amount of raffle ticket sales will be awarded (1) additional point to break the tie.
Code of Conduct
ALL PARTICIPANTS in the Delaware Bear Contest (both those receiving titles, and those NOT receiving titles) are expected to conduct themselves in a positive and courteous manner at all times before, during, and after the competition. This includes, but is not limited to, winning or losing gracefully, respecting other participants, assisting winners with achieving DBC goals, hosting events, and representing their local contests and organizations in a positive manner. DBC contestants NOT conducting themselves in a positive manner (e.g. verbal abuse, negative actions, spreading rumors, making false statements, creating/sharing disparaging social media posts, etc.) may be banned from competing in any future DBC contests or subject to additional restrictions solely at the discretion of the organizers.
Contestants applying to the compete in the Delaware Bear Contest must agree to all of the following.
- I have answered all information truthfully & accurately.
- I assume total responsibility for my personal actions.
- I confirm that I am at least 21 years of age, or older, and a member of the LGBTQ+ community.
- I acknowledge that I am not allowed to be intoxicated and/or under the influence of recreational drugs during the competition. If it is proven that I am recreationally-impaired, I will be disqualified and removed from the contest for my own safety, and the safety of the organization and event venue.
- I will not hold the Delaware Bear Contest, it's owners, judges, venue, nor any other entity associated with the former, liable for any type of injury, physical or otherwise, sustained as a result of any involvement with the organization and/or this event.
- I release the Delaware Bear Contest, it's owners, judges, venue, and any other entity associated with the former, from any and all liability arising from the publications with my likeness. Photos will be limited and personal preferences regarding photos and usage will be abided by when promoter is notified.
- I do hereby agree to conduct myself (win or lose), with grace and dignity. I accept that I may NOT win a title, but will accept the judges' decision as final.
- I agree to be a positive role model before, during, and after the contest, and refuse to participate in verbal abuse of the contest, it's judges, fellow contestants, the event, coordinators, chairpersons, or venue.
- I agree to not make disparaging remarks, share negative social media posts/comments, and refuse to spread rumors or share innuendos.
- I accept that the DBC Contest, organizations and organizers have no control over technical difficulties associated with the music, lighting, nor props that may affect the contestants' time on stage. While the DBC put forth great effort, I accept the fact that DBC cannot anticipate defects/errors on the night of the contest, and I accept that "Murphy's Law" can occur at anytime. I will not hold DBC owner and judges, nor other contestants responsible if such problems occur.